Collection of Personal Information
- is deemed to be any information that is retained that can be used to identify you. This includes but is not limited to examples such as; name, address, telephone number, email address, profession, occupation.
Property One Bayside may collect your name, postal and street address, contact numbers including but not limited to home, work, mobile and facsimilie, date of birth, professional occupation, job title, identification validation documentation including but not limited to; drivers license, birth certificate and passport.
Property One Bayside may also collect data that is not linked to identifiable personal information, such as statistics that are collated on how the aggregation of users have chosen to interact with this website.
The collection of your details can occur in the following ways:
- Communication with one of our Property One Bayside representatives, which includes but is not limited to; face to face, telephone, facsimile, text, online messenger service, email or through our website.
- Signing a contract with Property One Bayside for engagement of service, which includes but is not limited to the full authorization for the service relevant personal details to be published on your behalf as part of the process of providing professional services. This includes but is not limited to examples such as; third parties that are used on your behalf to get photographs taken of the asset, promotional and marketing material printed and advertising in all forms.
Property One Bayside adhere's to collecting the personal information that is required directly with the individual and only accepts collection of data through another channel when it is required such as, the situation arises where it is unreasonable or impractical for the person to do so. In this instance we will accept the information via an authorized representative who has been given consent by you to do so. This includes but is not limited to examples such as; a married couple are both unavailable to attend the appointment at the same time and no short term foreseeable opportunity is presented that would warrant delaying the commencement of the collation of details.
Further the the above and in accordance with the engagement of service, Property One Bayside will be required to collate information from third parties including but not limited to:
- Your professionally appointed representatives such as, but not limited to; lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, insurers and alike.
- Third party entities such as, but not limited to; law enforcement agencies, credit reporting agencies, your employer and government bodies.
Cookie & IP Tracking
- A cookie is a unique identifier that a website can send to a users web enabled technology when they access the site.
- The IP is the electronic address(es) that your web enabled technology uses to connect to the internet.
Web Enabled Device
- A device that can allow you to access the internet such as, but not limited to; smart phones, smart watches, computers and iPads.
When you access our website, we may send a “cookie” to your web enabled device. This allows us to recognize your computer. It also gives us a channel through which we are able to keep track of your activity on our website for a period of time. Our cookies are designed to be used to measure traffic patterns, to learn which areas of our website have been frequented the most and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate. We use this to research how we can improve our online products and services. Our cookies do not collect personal information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. They best way to get instructions to do this is by searching on a search engine such as, google to look for instructions to switch off cookies. You will need to state the type of web browser (Example: Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, Chrome etc) you use to get the most accurate result from the engine.
If you choose to block cookies then we cannot guarantee that the site will work in the manner to which it was designed. The overall experience of use of the site may decrease in its ability to tailor the visit to your specific needs.
In terms of the IP addresses we may log the IP addresses to generate statistical information that we can utilize to analyze trends, administer the website and track users movements.
Our Purpose For Sensitive Data Collection
We collect personal information about you to execute our business related activities and functions with the objective of ensuring that Property One Bayside can provide the best possible quality of customer service in the most efficient manner.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to customize the selection of products and services to reflect the most applicable information to meet your current needs;
- to send product and services information that has been requested by you;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties; such as, but not limited to; law enforcement agencies, credit reporting agencies, your employer and government bodies
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Property One Bayside, its contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- as the need requires, to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organization for any authorized purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct Marketing Materials
We may from time to time send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003
. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communication channels. Property One Bayside will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer via the channels supported below. Upon suitable validation of your identity as the person, Property One Bayside, where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by issuing it via registered mail or emailing it to your a verified account). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you and, if so, the fees will be disclosed prior to engaging in the the request. The payment of service transaction will need to take place in advance. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will outline the reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
International Personal Information Disclosure
It is important to understand that we may disclose your personal information to entities within Australia who may themselves store or process your data overseas. In the event that a disclosure is made in an overseas country (which holds a possibility but is deemed unlikely), the information will not be protected by the Australian Privacy Principles.
Property One Bayside has limited direct international affiliations that holds a need to disclose personal information to overseas parties outside of the items that are listed in the bullet points below.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including but not limited to the following:
- our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in various countries; and
- other external parties located in various foreign countries such as; suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for printing, marketing, and other related purposes;
Please understand that as part of the acceptance of use of this site and any or all of its related products and services, when you provide your personal details, you by default are providing consent to your information being disclosed in this manner.
Web Transmission Security
(Secure Sockets Layer) - is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
SSL security technology is issued by a license and it has been allocated to the Property One Bayside website. How can you tell? You can see in the address bar that there is a padlock symbol and the prefix to the address has a https:// rather than http:// this means that the SSL certificate is in place and is active. Property One Bayside ensures that their computer systems have up to date anti virus protection, we host our services with one of the global leading contenders in hosting, whose policies on data protection, back up and management are professionally managed. We do not leave anything to chance and will always commit to ensuring every reasonable measure that is within our sphere of influence is taken to keep our site secure and your data secure.
Despite all the measure that we take as a company, the internet is inherently insecure, because we cannot control how users manage their own security when browsing on sites or what internet connection you are using to be on the web. It is in light of this that we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet or whether it has been compromised by some dormant malware that is secretly sitting on the web enabled device that you are using. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is done so at your own risk.
- Keep your computer up to date with all its security patches and updates to software
- Buy and use anti virus protection software (and keep it up to date)
- Clear your web browser of cookies on a regular basis
- Don't do online banking and other transactions of a sensitive nature at 'free' community internet cafe's and wifi hot spots
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Privacy Breach Allegations Process
We take the management of your privacy very seriously. If at any point you believe that your privacy has been compromised and is linked to Property One Bayside being in alleged breach, please contact us immediately via the channels provided at the bottom of this screen. We will require there to be an audit trail of the incident, we therefore cannot accept a verbal complaint of this nature, it must be in writing. Please ensure that when you write to us you provide your contact details so that we can formally reply. In addition, we will need to have any copies of the factual evidence disclosed to understand how you derived at the conclusion that the incident is linked directly to Property One Bayside's alleged mismanagement of your data. The appointed Privacy Officer will make an assessment and launch a full investigation if the incident warrants further action.
We will aim to ensure that your enquiry is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Privacy Officer, PO Box 19, Chelsea, VIC, 3196
E-mail: Privacy Officer